[sudo-access] [omni-discuss] [omni-building] [omni-consensus] New Keys

Laura Turiano scylla at riseup.net
Tue Oct 6 11:53:10 PDT 2015

Sorry -that last message was slightly garbled.

I only found emails from BAPS, and the only still-involved people on the
list of  4 were me and Stephen.

So I think we should again request that *each collective make a list of
their members who meet the criteria and who want a key.* If you are not
affiliated with a collective and need a key, please make a request and
the delegates can approve them.

Also, we never made the document referred to in #3 below. Anyone up for
that?

 1. /People will be eligible for a key if: /
     1. /They are a member of a member collective who has been
        identified by that collective as someone who needs a key. Each
        collective will make that decision by their own process to
        determine who is entitled to reasonable access and able to
        assume the responsibilities that come with being an Omni key
        holder. /
         1. /Some factors to consider are: /
             1. /Does the member need to open or close up the building?/
             2. /Does the member take responsibility for collective
                activities and events?/
             3. /Does the member participate in organizing the Omni or
                maintaining the building? /
             4. /Is the member someone who understands their
                responsibility to take care of the Omni and the people
                inside it, and who is trusted by the collective?/
         2. /The collective will enter the name and contact information
            for the member who will be given a key in the (contact
            manager spreadsheet)/
     2. /As an unaffiliated Omni volunteer, they ask for a key using
        this form (see below). /
         1. /(Which working group? A new Keymaster WG?) will review key
            requests and approve or deny them./
 2. /All key holders will be required to give a key deposit of $5 which
    will be used to replace lost keys. Upon turning over their key to
    the (working group), the deposit will be returned. /
 3. /Keys will be given along with a document that states the benefits
    and responsibilities of being a key holder and how to close up the
    building. Not fulfilling the responsibilities may be grounds for
    having to return the key. /

Thanks everyone,
Laura