[Kopimism] 'One of the first religions inspired by the internet'

Eddan Katz eddan at clear.net
Mon Apr 22 15:01:55 PDT 2013

By Annalee Newitz

I first encountered Kopimism atNoisebridge, a hackerspace in San Francisco, CA, where hackers, makers and artists collaborate on projects that range from free software to electronic music and weird new Arduino-enabled devices. A group of people from Noisebridge's sister hackerspace in Oakland, Sudo Room, were showing us pictures of their new digs. The Kopimist symbol was emblazoned on its doors. What the hell is that? I wondered. A few quick searches online answered my question.