Giant robot arm
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Yaskawa Motoman K10S
where did it come from and why is it here?
the robot was sold to sudoroom for scrap for $200, and it's here because it's awesome
software for communicating with the robot from a regular computer
- INFORM Lanugage manual PDF and another copy here INFORM PDF
- Robotforum posts on the Yaskawa motoman k6sb with erc controller talk to these people for the conversation
enabling relative job function and the communications option
"If I remember, press OP2, enter the magic code 24.#4.#2 then set these:
set SD079 to 1 for relative job (x,y,z coordinates)
set SD110 to 1 for data communication (remove mode)
and reboot the robot."
hardware used to get it to even turn on without errors
- ACC-8D20 option PDF manual 33 page manual on ???
- encoder datasheet (pdf)(for different encoders?)
- Yaskawa CACR-SR Manual (PDF) <------- this is totally what we have, absolute encoders and CACR servopacks
Coordinate conversion and 3d model
Drawing with the Robot Arm Project
Substack and Jake went ahead and hacked the robot (see the blog post ). now you can upload simple drawings and get it to draw for you.
- Get an image file (PNG) and convert it to SVG free convert to SVG web app
- Take the SVG and convert it to INFORM http://substack.neocities.org/svg2inform.html (thanks Substack!)
- Go to SudoRoom, chat with the right hackers, learn to calibrate (safety first!!!) and then let the robot do the drawing for you!
- Cheers! Cheers! More thanks to Jake for learning how to fake the serial disk https://github.com/jerkey/yasnac/blob/master/src/fakedisk.py