Meeting Notes 2014-02-26
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Q: now what?
- yar (now we watch another 3D fractal)
- eric (nip it in the bud and simplify things)
- juul (drink some mate)
- matt (it's never been more clear!)
- noemi (now let's eat!)
- chris (lock your bike)
- Calendar https://sudoroom.org/calendar
- Show at sudo room w/Scott - Feb. 28th (Friday) - all ages, 100+ people
- Noisebridge reprap-building party ~noon Saturday
- Some bikes have "walked out lately" - lock your bike
- People's Open Network - There is now a (special) node at sudo. Learn more here: https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Network
- Sudo Men's group probably starting meeting on Tuesdays mid-March
- Get Eddan off the lease ASAP
- still blocked by the below item - getting insurance
- asking ace monster toys what insurance they use
- Marc suggests "call State Farm and tell them we're a hobby shop"
- David will "nail it tomorrow"
- get debit card set up, put LMI & Linode on it [matt]
- "it's on its way!" in the mail
- slay zombie events that show up when importing from calendar [matt]
- Use Stripe [jenny]
- blocked by not having bank account info
- Renew lease - David K. to investigate insurance options - matt will ping him
- check in w/sound room re: noise on the 28th (jenny)
- Done, relevant parties have been put in touch with each other
- Let's ask Rackspace for free hosting! (yar)
- apply for a free 3D printer https://www.lulzbot.com/?q=printer-giveaway-2014 [yar]
- hack the wiki, especially the front page [you]
- Sudo Wiki is the new social network, replaces facebook
- research list of social services in the area to give to folks in need [Xavier]
- Ask RPSC about sharing their art murmur table [Xavier]
- take things off the wishlist, especially chairs
"Kicking People Out" Practice
- role-playing exercise to make confronting problematic people less scary
- you can enforce our safe space policy! it will be ok! you're awesome!
- it was a success
- Xavier thinks we should have a bill of rights
- ability to provide food, clothing and shelter with the help of agencies
- give sleepers a 24 hour warning before kicking them out
- provide them with a list of services
- much harder when you don't have backup - need at least 3 people
- 8th & Alice! - https://sudoroom.org/wiki/8th_and_Alice
- Who is interested in taking a tour? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Need to write a proposal with our zoning requirements
- What do we need to be doing?
- more research
- more fundraising
- Xavier wants a committee to make schwag and sell it at art murmur
- use this everyone! https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Spaces
- chris is friends with a non-non-lawyer
- should we stay here? should a devil's advocate say that?
- "no. that's a bad idea."
- how do we approach this organizationally?
- we have 2 threads/goals: maintaining new space, and finding new one
- "will there be 2 spaces at once?"
- they'll give us time to move in/out
- yar thinks this will be a good problem to have
- has potential? https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/off/4351658599.html
- Which of these is our real bitcoin address?
- we have $9691.95 in the bank
- we're above our monthly cost and are able to pay rent without dipping into standing funds. On the path to being officially solvent.
- yar: "any fundraising we do should be focused on gaining small $1-or-less contributors to Gittip"
- more advertising <--- EDIT THE WIKI & BLOG
- sticker for the back of magnets
- someone needs to pay for bike tools
- can the wiki be our front page yet?
- Discuss replacing agenda for future meetings with Fundraising and Moving
- yar proposes a one-week trial period for this new meeting format
- March 5 meeting will be entirely devoted to fundraising & moving!
- There are no objections to this idea
- We're doing a great job!
- The rain is officially coming down sideways