Meeting Notes 2014-03-12
Q: what can be destroyed?
- elliot (capitalism can be destroyed)
- yar (our articles of association)
- dwight ()
- nicole (nicole)
- chris (conan the destroyer, idk)
- phil (evanwolf)
- we read the calendar - lots of fun things
- Renew lease & get Eddan off it [???]
- get debit card set up, put LMI & Linode on it [matt???]
- slay zombie events that show up when importing from calendar [matt]
- Use Stripe [jenny]
- ask Rackspace for free hosting [yar]
- research list of social services in the area to give to folks in need [Xavier]
- Collective of Collectives had a work party last night and is about to file incorporation paperwork.
- Building on 26th & Telegraph. Big warehouse. Check it out.
- Reboot schedule has not been as aggressive as it should have been
- Cleanup weekend - 22nd & 23rd March
- hol said will bring suv (not avail 29/30), marc said will try to bring truck, hol will make sure have beer
- food & drinks still up for grabs
- conflict with landlord's rave?
- should we reschedule?
- would that conflict with the truck plans?
- yar will email the list floating this idea of moving to the 29th/30th
- RPS offers beer
- Marina wrote a check for March rent and gave it to Marc to give to George! <--- awesome! <3<3 NO PROBLEM!
- Our gittip has been going down. Now at $300.
- yar added gittip nagware to the sudoroom.org site
- Xavier wants to look deeper into it
- TWAC - trans & womens' action camp wants to have a fundraising event here on April 4, 8pm-2am
- they're happy to work with us to make it compatible with first friday
- elliot will bottom-line security/bouncer situation
- RPS offers beer for this as well, contract to be negotiated
There is a conflict between Elliott and Xavier.
- Elliot: Tuesday night, 11 March. Elliot said something about a friend of Xavier (your friend sexually assaulted my friend), Xavier took umbrage and asked if E wanted X to jump on him or for X to call the police. This was a verbal exchange. They were separated; X was asked to leave. E is uncomfortable in X's presence. E seeks a conflict mediation that allows them to be in separate spaces during the mediation; also that X should be excluded from the Sudoroom until E feels safe again. E feels that he was threatened with violence.
- Xavier: To E: "I'm sorry for what you felt last night." X asked to talk about what E said. E asked what X wanted to talk about X's friend. E defamed X's friend. X said not to defame X's friend/family (i.e. calling the friend a rapist). X continued to defend his friend in a strong manner.
- yar: did you threaten to jump him or call the police? Xavier: "maybe, maybe not, but he defamated my family"
- Jeremy was there and tells his version: X came in, wanted to "make an appointment with E." E said no. Conversation happened. E: "he's a sexual abuser" X: "don't talk about my friend that way or i'm gonna kick your ass." Something about "any other action being a consequence of law" (?) Entire exchange lasted a minute. No physical interaction.
- Elliot says he de-escalated by walking away
- Xavier feels threatened by the idea of a mediation where he can't come to Sudoroom. He said "you don't know what jail is". Elliot takes this as "an additional threat to have [him] in prison."
- Dwight reports on issues at RPS. A conflict happened which seemed potentially violent but did not escalate to physical violence. They're making a code of conduct now because they've never had this issue before.
- Elliot: "X threatened a member of RPS with physical violence" Dwight agrees.
- Xavier: "I don't want to be cowardly attacked, if you want to call a time and place". There is debate over whether this was a threat to violence or an invitation to talk.
- A lot more conversations happened. Elliot left. Yar asked Xavier to leave and he left a few minutes later.
- yar objects to X's rape apologism, manipulative topic-changing, ideation about violence and dominance, and general lack of accountability. At this point multiple people feel unsafe with him.
- Not enough quorum to ban?