Meeting Notes 2015-01-07
sudoroom mtg - Jan 07, 2015 Sudoroom, 7pm, every Weds. Bring yo couch!
Facilitator: Korl Note Taker: Juul Ice-breaker question: there was none. the ice remains fully intact. Aw, poo. Attendees:
- David (repairs machines that run infrastructure for big online services)
- Danny (first time here, excited, new to maker/hacker world, lots of exp in cooperatives)
- Rayc (hacks stuff, currently hacking on the laser cutter)
- Camille (likes to make thing related to their cat)
- Colin (25, moved here from chicago, was a member of pumping station 1 for 4 years, really interested in cnc/3d printing/laser cutter, is learning programming)
- Hol (been around for a while, likes to work on rockets and the bathroom)
- Korl (likes modded things: rooting, jailbreaking, dual-booting, likes building and not learning autocad, likes cats)
- Jordan (hopefully be a new member, friend of Korls. From oakland but lives in sonoma county, thinks what we're doing is cool, not big techie)
- Ed (messing around with puters for long itme, been activist for long time, worked as journalist for kpfa, ferment hacker consciousnes)
- Jeremy (software engineer, hacker, interested in crypto, increasingly distrusts things like Tor)
- Allison (been involved with a bunch of data journalist projects, mostly research and data entry, has been self-teaching programming, looking to get more into community)
- Noel (wants to extend thanks for the soup and wants to start eating it)
- Matt (<explains ingredients of soup that he made>)
- Juul (works on the mesh network, and on counter culture labs stuff. arm chips = alternative os for ebook readers. has been teaching themselves as he goes. also learning more about jailbreaking, because they need it!)
- Ryan (really into disability-hackin, open source programming, working on e-waste jewellery project)
- Dave (moved here from NYC, was involved with alpha one labs and nerd nite, likes to build interactive art with electronics, making full-size robot cockpit where two people play together, is video editor and has done some science programming)
- Megan (new to area, moved from buffalo, is software engineer, also some experience with arduino and 3d printing, lived in a coop and had good experience)
- Sam (was around the old sudo room, looking to spend more time at sudo, into development and syntax-directed programming, worked on nanoparticle stuff, into developer ergonomics)
- Brendan (born in oakland, very familiar with area, heavily into music production and conspiracy awareness)
- Shake (likes to break stuff and put it back together, recently ran for major, of oakland, did pretty well, interested in media and getting the message out, we need a better delivery system for our messages, is here to help with media production)
- Cere (immediately left upon learning that the CCL event wasn't canceled but just in the basement)
- Camille aka Camel
- Shake aka Shake9169
- Brandon aka Don Scott
- David T
- David - email@example.com — current project: http://imgur.com/a/qUL4n
Sudo or Omni related announcements.
- Omni Fundraising campaign update:
- Actual Total: $66,151
- Goal: $80,000
- Visible Total: $26,151
- Actual Difference: $13,849
- Topics to be discussed with wider omni community and the weekly delegates meeting tomorrow (thurs)
- New Perks
- New Incentive (interactive interface to campaign video)
- Actual Total: $66,151
- $502.68 / week on Gratipay
- $2,357.59 in the Internet Credit Union account
- $ worth of bitcoin.
- ~$900 in Community Bank of the Bay account
- Total: ~$3,257.59
- Transfer our money out of the Community Bank? - Matt?
- Yes, since no one can locate any checkbooks, I will now walk into the Community Bank of the Bay to get a cashier's check to vacate the account ;)
- Apply for grants for sudo! https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Sudo_room/funding_opportunities
- Pay dues! https://gratipay.com/sudoroom
- Have we paid rent?
Yes, and utilities.
The last two weeks!
- Teddy Bear - Shake
- Propose that we have a large size Teddy Bear that can be grasped on a case-by-case basis for the purpose of identifying individuals who are exhausted from hacking and need to hibernate on a temporary basis. Grasping of, snuggling with, or otherwise utilizing the Teddy Bear shall be limited to one night per month unless authorized at a prior sudo room general meeting.
Disability hack night
Delegate's Agenda Items
- Lock back door [Sean]
- Omni Office (Bunker / Cave Room / Ballroom Office) designate for common office (sensitive storage for documents, valuables, etc) [Niki]
- Backspace Membership Proposal [?]