The isolation, characterization and pre-clinical screening of novel bacteriophages as therapies for antibiotic resistant, sexually-transmitted bacterial infections.
Next Call: 1/20/12 8:00pm PST/10:00pm CST
Discussion Topics Include:
- Introduction into the project
- Discussion of organizational (non-hierarchical) structure
- Introduction to molecular genetics of Phage (lytic vs. lysogenic)
* Lytic phage kill; Lysogenic incorporate in host genome then wait for opportunity to become lytic! * What if we could activate phage lytic life cycle with non-antibiotic molecules?
- Methods of Phage Isolation and Characterization
Suggested reading: "Isolation and Characterization of Bacteriophages for Neisseria" L.N. Phelps, J. gen. Virol. (1967) 1, 529-532.
- Molecular Manipulation of Phage
- Molecular Biology and Immunology of target organisms.
if you'd like to attend the conference call, please contact: Craig Rouskey (craigrouskey [at] gmail [dot] com)
Here are some videos to review