[sudo-access] adding cards to omnidoor

Jake jake at spaz.org
Thu Dec 10 15:52:55 PST 2015

I noticed that a bunch of people are being added to the access control
system without any contact info.  Just a name and the name of the person
adding them.

Is it reasonable to require an email or phone number for people who have
access to the omni?  I suppose if the collective they're a part of is
listed then it should be OK to just put their name..

also, when people put someone into the access database, i think they
should either be entered with #ANNOUNCE "handle" or #OPTOUT so that we
know whether people have been offered the announce feature or not.

presently if someone doesn't have ANNOUNCE enabled i assume that they
haven't been offered and ask them if they will opt-into announce.
Although that's hard if there is no contact information listed for them.

-jake