[sudo-access] Door Card Reader Issues

Matthew Senate mattsenate at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 17:21:02 PST 2015

Hey all,

I just talked to Tavio from Phat Beets, he had a few cards that did not
seem to be working. I tested all three and got unreliable results. I got
every combination of both light (green blink, green solid, red blink) and
failure / success of opening latch.

Especially of note, is that one card of a type I'm fairly certain does not
work correctly, when swiped incorrectly, creates a red light, but also
successfully opens the latch. This gives me the impression that an error
code (rather than a card's unique code) has been incorrectly added to the
whitelist!

And overall, swiping is incredibly inconsistent even for my own card, which
I know to have worked well for a long time.

I'm going to buy at least one usb magnetic card reader right now, please
join me in fixing this system so it works consistently, reliably, and
securely ASAP.

// Matt