[sudo-access] ftp entered omni @5am 2day

David Keenan dkeenan44 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 18:25:26 PDT 2016

My 2c - for now at least, I think we need a new keyed lock that can't be
accidentally left in the unlocked position, as others have pointed out. I
say that only because:

-  the current electronic lock system, while awesome and definitely vastly
improved, does not yet have a good track record of reliability in the case
of a power outage

- Im not sure what the backup option is should the electronic lock fail
with no other way to open the door. Ie, in the case of a typical
non-electronic keyed lock, a locksmith / hacker can be called upon to
pick it open. I guess my question would be, what is the equivalent backup
means of entry for the electronic lock, short of breaking down the door etc?

Also Jake, in the event that the battery for the electronic lock fails, it
should probably fail the lock into an open, not locked, position, which
might help things. Is this something you can set up on that lock?

Best,
David