[sudo-access] RFID & Auto Door Opener?

Jake jake at spaz.org
Sun Jan 15 23:46:52 PST 2017

i brought in a wheelchair motor a while ago that I think could be made into a
power door-opener pretty well.

I can work on a proof-of-concept for that and then be able to show you what I
mean, and then we can see if it will be good enough for our needs as opposed to
spending $2800 on a "proper" door opener.

as for the RFID cards, Alex and I have been working on implementing the card
reader thing for a little while and I think I can add it to the front door
pretty relatively easily.., and I guess i'll do that first, rather than trying
to do a storage closet first?

as always, if anyone wants to participate in this process they should
definitely jump in, otherwise it's subject to my chaotic schedule.

technical questions about making this happen should be sent to the access list
and possibly the sudoroom list, but probably not the building list as it will
be a major distraction if we get into the weeds of microcontroller boards and
door server code...

also, yes I do have the box of RFID stuff you ordered and i've been working on
it~

-jake