[Bigbang-dev] An Introduction

Niels ten Oever niels at article19.org
Wed Aug 31 08:57:16 PDT 2016

Hi Sebastian,

On 08/31/2016 05:39 PM, Sebastian Benthall wrote:
> Thanks for writing in, Niels!

Replying with a bit less of latency :)

> Just your mention of Liberation Tech gave me a new idea (maybe it's
> already occurred to some of you).
>
> There's for example the liberationtech at lists.stanford.edu
> <mailto:liberationtech at lists.stanford.edu> list where a lot of people
> with a particular political tendency post.

I am not sure whether the ppl that post to Libtech actually are of one
political leaning - that is one of my research questions. Understanding
their ideologies in Internet imaginaires.

> Just like the Panama Papers emails, if we have external data sets of
> email, that can provide additional contextual information about the
> political leanings of the people involved in Internet governance. We can
> then use that data to see which political affiliations are being active
> or influential.

Would be so cool to compare IETF, ICANN, libtech, bestbits, tor and
debian mailinglists for instance.

> Niels, very interested to know about the new mailing list for BigBang.
> I'd love to move this off of lists.sudoroom.org
> <http://lists.sudoroom.org> to something we have more control over and
> differently branded.

Should be done by tomorrow!

Cheers,