[Biohackers] Monday 7/14 activity

Patrik D'haeseleer patrikd at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 00:24:36 PDT 2014

On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 10:04 PM, Stan Osborne <stan at ana.com> wrote:

> My understanding is two small batches of kombucha were started.  We also
> moved i table and various tools for fermentation projects into the project
> room that now has a sign on its door.

If you mean the storage rooms on the other side of the Bocce ball court
from Sudo, keep in mind that one of those rooms is earmarked for Counter
Culture Labs, and the other for BackSpace (although we still need to figure
out which will be which).

We would *love* to work with you guys on kombucha brewing and other
fermentation experiments! And as far as I'm concerned you're definitely
welcome to store some gear in one of those rooms for the time being, while
we build out the lab, but I'll need to run that by the rest of the group.
Just keep in mind that that side of the hall doesn't belong to Sudo, so
we'd like to get a heads-up if you want to do anything in there. You can
contact myself, or Ahnon who is our Omni delegate, or Cere who is also a
Sudo member and spends a good amount of time there, or just email
info at counterculturelabs.org.

Also, between now and Friday, the landlord will be coming by with a bunch
of movers to take away the big mess of desks and wardrobes he left behind
in our space. I would strongly recommend you don't leave anything out in
our end of the hall, or it may wind up getting tossed out accidentally (I
already moved two crates with gear that were sitting on the desks, and put
them in the left storage room). And some time soon after that, we will
likely want to empty our entire space so we can scrub the walls, seal the
floors, etc.

Yum - kombucha!

Patrik