[DisasterRadio] Hi from the UK - Any boards available?

samuk at disroot.org samuk at disroot.org
Wed Dec 13 09:41:29 PST 2017

Hi I'm Sam

I was involved in the now defunct http://www.bristolwireless.net/about-us/ for about 10 years, more recently I helped start The Things network in Bristol. I was thinking about hacking together one of these: https://github.com/dmahony/Lora-Chat-Device

When I found your project :) I'm curious how you're handling routing?

Could the Mesh datagram protocol from Serval be any use to you?

https://github.com/servalproject/serval-dna/blob/development/doc/Mesh-Datagram-Protocol.md

Or is it too heavyweight for the LORA side?

I also read on your mailing list that you've had a few boards made up, would you consider shipping a couple to the UK?

Thanks

Sam