[DisasterRadio] Hi from the UK - Any boards available?

G Gallo ggallo102 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 10:32:23 PST 2017

Hi Sam,

Thanks for contacting us.

I'm not sure I can speak too much to the routing, but we do have a network
simulator written in Python, that you can play with here
<https://jemucino.github.io/disaster-radio-netsim/>, and the code is
available here <https://github.com/sudomesh/disaster-radio-netsim>.

The main problem I see with MDP is that it is a Layer 3 protocol. I know we
are not using the LoRaWAN Layer 2 protocol and only using the physical
layer LoRa modulation scheme. Also, we are concerned about bogging down the
network with too many acks and re-transmissions. Not sure if @juul or some
of the SSB people might have more to say about possible routing schemes.

As for the hardware, we only have a few prototype boards that had some
minor problems. Once we finish the updated design, your best bet is to
probably get your own printed, as we have a number of people in Oakland and
NZ waiting for boards. The KiCAD schematics are available here
<https://github.com/sudomesh/disaster-radio/tree/master/hardware>, though
you should wait for @nanomonkey to tag another commit.

Happy holidays!

- grant/@paidforby