[DisasterRadio] Solar node bits - for Lilygo boards

samuk at disroot.org samuk at disroot.org
Wed Dec 18 14:41:48 PST 2019

I've done a bit of searching around and ordered some stuff to make solar nodes. Untested as yet but thought people might be interested:

£19 12v 20w panel with cable (Cable run into junction box below)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32847502994.html

£2.67 Buck/ low voltage disconnect (Placed in one of the junction boxes below, connected to the barrel jack)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32854250040.html

Barrel connector
£1.75 https://www.amazon.co.uk/2-1mm-Jack-Adaptor-Screw-Terminals/dp/B002LFNIWO

2pc case/ junction box £5.68 - 135mm x 57mm x 37mm/
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fityle-Waterproof-Junction-Connector-Electrical/dp/B07P863RDW/ref=sr_1_10?keywords=ip68+junction+box+white&qid=1576705263&sr=8-10

USB cable is run from the first junction box to second and plugged into the board

Antenna £3.79 (Fitted to the board, and exiting the 'spare' cable gland)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000387729528.html

It requires no soldering, all plug, and play. Hoping the low voltage disconnect in the buck will give it enough hysteresis to boot without capacitors or batteries.

Hope it's of interest to someone, I'll update when I have it working, or not.

Total £32.89 or $43.03

Thanks

Sam