[DisasterRadio] Wind Power

samuk at disroot.org samuk at disroot.org
Wed Feb 26 03:18:40 PST 2020

I'd be tempted to look at Vertical Axis Wind Turbines (VAWT) as I think they stand a better chance of surviving storms.

Maybe try a 3d printed VAWT https://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=vawt&dwh=485e5650a827c79

On a hub like this https://www.texenergy.com/infinite-air.html

Maybe in extreme storms this would work mounted upside down with some additional waterproofing https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32909773152.html

I do think it's going to be cheaper and more reliable to do solar almost anywhere in the World.

2p

Sam