[DisasterRadio] Hackaday Prize /w disaster relief focus.

Morgan Allen morganrallen at gmail.com
Tue May 5 15:12:30 PDT 2020

Hey All, hope spirits are remaining high and folks are still able to get in
some hacking when they can.

Hackaday Prize 2020 official announcement is forthcoming but a snippet has
been dropped and so far sounds like DR could be a fit.
Snippet from the Twitters...

"The #HackadayPrize <https://botsin.space/tags/HackadayPrize> is coming
soon! This year, @hackaday <https://botsin.space/@hackaday> is partnering
with nonprofits to tackle challenges in #conversation
<https://botsin.space/tags/conversation>, #disasterrelief
<https://botsin.space/tags/disasterrelief>, and #assistivetech
<https://botsin.space/tags/assistivetech>. Sign up at http://
prize.supplyframe.com to be the first to hear about the launch. Over $200K
in prizes!"
https://twitter.com/tindie/status/1257718242061070336
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRr4jV_kFHc&feature=emb_title

And some general LoRa ramblings... arduino-LoRa has seen some updates
recently. Version 0.7.1 saw the addition of the *txDone* callback, this
will be great for battery life when sending large packets as once the
buffer is filled, the CPU can be put to sleep until sending is done.

Additionally I've been putting in a ton of work on esp32-lora (esp-idf
specific driver https://gitlab.com/morganrallen/esp32-lora) and it's been
showing a lot of promise on my 3-4 node test network. I've even done some
basic meshing, achieving 3 hops!

Happy Hackin'!