[DisasterRadio] hello to disaster radio

grant grant at peoplesopen.net
Thu May 6 14:43:39 PDT 2021

I think they are asking specifically for a dual-LoRa device. If I
understand correctly, Fitz has a handful(?) of dual-lora prototype
boards that may or may not work with the current build of the firmware
(likely it would need some tweaking of pins, etc. since I never got my
hands on one for testing).

I did some hacking last year on a dual lora setup. I'm pretty sure I
used the LoPy4 and an old-school ESP8266-compatible disaster.radio LoRa
hat (what's up from 2018! idk if anyone else still has any of these...).
I used the LoPy4 because other boards don't break out all the pins
needed for the dual-lora setup. The point is, i was able to get two lora
modules connected to an ESP32, but I didn't do much more than that.

Fitz, I'll DM you about getting at least one of those prototypes sent my
direction so I can validate that it works with the firmware (idk how
soon I'll get around to it, but eventually).

-Grant