[DisasterRadio] Dev boards other than the TTGo?

sam at bristolwireless.net sam at bristolwireless.net
Sat Oct 16 11:04:52 PDT 2021

Hi Matt

>> Just wondering if anyone has used some of the other brands of ESP32 + LoRa
>> radios, and whether they’d work?

Have you seen
https://github.com/sudomesh/disaster-radio/wiki/Devices--&-Hardware

LoPy is probably the nicest hardware, but a bit spendy.

  There’s a few choices on Amazon. Sparkfun
>> doesn’t seem to have any with esp32 anymore and choosing their board would
>> mean porting disaster radio to ARM & how their board is set up.

If you want to invest time in getting new hardware going I'd look at
the NRF52 which would offer considerable power savings.

Some work has already been done here:
https://github.com/beegee-tokyo/Disaster-Radio-BLE---nRF52832

Rak 4361 is the flavour of the month over at Meshtastic.

>> I ordered lilygo ttgo boards from Aliexpress, but after waiting over 6
>> weeks, little cameras arrived — the wrong thing. Not willing to roll the
>> dice again with such a long shipping process.

If you let Lilygo know I'm sure they'll re-send the correct boards, or
failing that open an issue on Aliexpress to get the correct boards
sent or a refund.

2p

Sam