[mesh-dev] Flutter boards beginning to ship!

Marc Juul juul at labitat.dk
Sun Jul 5 02:37:02 PDT 2015

The mesh will soon be receiving two flutter boards since we funded their
kickstarter.

These are 900 mhz fairly long range low bandwidth (i think up to 1 mbps?)
boards that can be programmed with a modified Arduino IDE.

These would be pretty good for a low-bandwidth disaster recovery mesh, or
for sensor reporting. I'm sending this mail to start people thinking about
possible uses.

Here's their kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/flutterwireless/flutter-20-wireless-arduino-with-half-mile-1km-ran/posts/1250038

Here's my old write-up for the DisasterRadio project for inspiration
(currently in suspended animation):

  https://sudoroom.org/wiki/DisasterRadio

--
marc/juul