[mesh-dev] Progress update

April Glaser april.glaser at riseup.net
Mon Mar 16 11:53:38 PDT 2015

Hey guys,

Yeah, that grant proposal definitely intertwined some aspirational
statements with our current progress. So maybe it wasn't the best
project update. But in any event, I think you're all really great. And I
think it'll be incredibly cool once we start to expand the network even
more.

I've sent out a handful of emails to folks who have been involved with
community network projects before to pick their brains about what stage
we are at, and I'll be in touch when they get back to me.

Two more questions:

-Are we fully switched at the Omni now to LMI?

-What do folks think about doing a test bed network here at xxxxxxxx
xxxxxx? There are a lot of people without Internet here because no ISP
will serve parts of the area because of weird zoning things. It makes it
hard for this community to organize and stay plugged in, and like at the
Omni, we'd have complete access to every house/cabin, mast, flagpole,
etc. That'd make it faster to install. And we'd buy our own equipment.
 -- do we even need another test bed?

Peace,
April

0x54FC570B