[mesh-dev] Progress update

max b maxb.personal at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 16:34:46 PDT 2015

Just to respond to your questions:

-Are we fully switched at the Omni now to LMI?

Yes I believe so. We're still re-working some of the internal
wireless/network configuration, but yeah our internet is now going through
the LMI connection.

-What do folks think about doing a test bed network here at xxxxxxxxxxxxxx?
> There are a lot of people without Internet here because no ISP will serve
> parts of the area because of weird zoning things. It makes it hard for this
> community to organize and stay plugged in, and like at the Omni, we'd have
> complete access to every house/cabin, mast, flagpole, etc. That'd make it
> faster to install. And we'd buy our own equipment.
>  -- do we even need another test bed?

It would depend a lot on what we thought of as a "test bed". If enough
people have upstream internet connections and are willing to share, then we
could potentially do some setup there. One real downside is that no one
with a lot of technical proficiency lives near there, so it might require
us to do more commuting in order to troubleshoot things. Let's talk a
little more about what we'd want to do in person this Tuesday or Thursday
if you'll be around.

Max