[Mesh] Amazon AWS credit

Marc Juul juul at labitat.dk
Sat Feb 1 15:39:23 PST 2014

On Sat, Feb 1, 2014 at 3:08 PM, Mitar <mitar at tnode.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> > Do you think there is a good reason for us to encourage the use of amazon
> > services? Personally I don't feel inclined to support amazon. It also
> seems
> > expensive? or maybe I'm looking at the pricing wrong.
>
> I am saying that we have $100 to spend on Amazon - why not? It is not
> that we are giving them the money, they are giving it to us.
>
> I think that more VPN servers we have, better it is. It is just one hop
> among many anyway. We should not be trusting VPS provides anyway, if
> this is what bothers you?

I don't think $100 worth of amazon credits is really worth any one of us
spending much time on it, given the cost of amazon services (it looks like
it'd be two months worth). So the only reason to use it that I can see
would be if we're going to create an image/script/guide to make it easy for
others to use amazon, and I don't want to encourage that.

--
Marc