[Mesh] Sudo Mesh postcard rough draft

Alex Merenkov alexmerenkov at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 16:18:35 PST 2014

Hi everyone,

It’s Alex Merenkov from last Thursday’s meeting. I’m one of the two graphic designers that came to the meeting last Thursday and I’ve been working on a postcard to promote the mesh network.
Today i have created a rough draft and wanted to get everyones input on the copy and also the design layout.
The design layout i choose similarly fallows the design of whoever made the website for https://peoplesopen.net/
As such i used the same color from the Nav bar on the website and a picture of the bay area that i used a Tilt-shift effect on much like the photo on the website of lake Merritt. I added a QR code which directs to the website itself and stuck that in the corner. I wasn’t sure exactly what to put in as far as copy goes so i mostly copied and pasted what was on the mesh website that describes the meetings. I would love to hear any suggestions as far as text goes and also what everyone thinks of the aesthetics. For the font i used RoadGeek 2005 which is the same font used in all of the Oakland Street signs it is easy to read and not obnoxious like the font the city of Berkeley loves to used called Alan Cairns so i thought it worked nicely but we can do any font you guys think is best.

Hope everyone is doing well. : )

Sincerely,

Alex S. Merenkov
Berkeley, CA