[Mesh] Free Wi-Fi? Not all sunshine and roses...

Jenny Ryan tunabananas at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 19:12:15 PST 2014

Plz read, about the free public wi-fi just rolled out on Market St in SF:
http://www.sfweekly.com/2014-01-22/news/wi-fi-mid-market-smartphones-theft/

One thing we should focus on in our imminent rollout is supporting the
creation of public terminals and computer labs in community spaces; getting
cohesive neighborhoods on board with sharing their connectivity with each
other; and emphasizing the creation and support of safe public spaces for
accessing and learning about technology (eg libraries, schools,
hackerspaces) over the assumption that the technology will enable access
(much in the way we emphasize end-user security and cryptoparties over the
assumption that the network is secure in and of itself).

/jnny
http://jennyryan.net
http://sudomesh.org
http://thevirtualcampfire.org