[Mesh] KRACK attack

Marc Juul juul at labitat.dk
Tue Oct 17 15:52:57 PDT 2017

You have all probably already heard about the wifi KRACK attack. If not,
here is the lowdown:

  https://www.krackattacks.com/

sudowrt is also affected. What this means is that your private wifi network
is... potentially a lot less private.

I started work on a fix here:

  https://github.com/sudomesh/sudowrt-firmware/issues/109

but I ran into a build issue which maybe Grant knows how to fix?

  https://github.com/sudomesh/sudowrt-firmware/issues/110

Hopefully we can sort this out over the next day or two.

In the mean time node-operates may want to disconnect any sensitive devices
from their private network. As always you should be using end-to-end
encryption for all communications. Install the HTTPS Everywhere
<https://www.eff.org/https-everywhere> browser extension if you haven't.
For situations where end-to-end encryption is not viable, using a VPN like
Mullvad <https://www.mullvad.net/> is a good idea.

--
marc/juul