[sudo-announce] This Sat. 5/18 at 2PM: Fix-It Day & Linux Install Day!

Marina Kukso marina.kukso at gmail.com
Thu May 16 10:00:16 PDT 2013

Hi everyone,

Please join us this Saturday 5/18 at 2PM at Sudo Room (2141 Broadyway,
entrance on 22nd St., take the elevator upstairs) for Fix-It Day and Linux
Install Day!

We have a lot of computers and other equipment at Sudo Room in various
states of functionality. You may also have computers and other kinds of
equipment in various states of functionality! During this session we will
come together to test/repair computers and learn more about fixing
computers.

BONUS: Have you always been curious about Linux but not sure where to
start? If you are interested in installing Linux on your Windows computer
(it is not necessary to delete Windows to install Linux), we will also be
helping participants install Linux.

Sudoers who are interested in helping people install Linux: please bring
cd's, thumb drives, etc. for people to use.

*This workshop is part of the series “Today I Learned,” a series of free
workshops that take place every Saturday at 2PM at Sudo Room, a creative
community and hackerspace in downtown Oakland. Check out the full schedule
at http://sudoroom.org/wiki/Today_I_Learned and please forward widely.*

- Marina