[sudo-discuss] Bioinformatics Meetup - Genome Data

Ron Shigeta rtshigeta at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 4 21:03:33 PDT 2013

Hey everyone

Just wanted to post here that we'll be continuing the Bioinfomatics series at Sudoroom next sunday (August 11) at 7 p.m.  We had several awesome sudoroomers show up and I wanted to let everyone know about it.

We'll be breaking into some genome and gene data and digging a little into biopython to do some sequence extractions.  All this will get us started in an open source project to contribute to the glowingplant project.

http://www.meetup.com/Counter-Culture-Labs/events/132990982/

See also the east bay express cover article on glowing plants this weekend?  http://www.eastbayexpress.com/oakland/bio-hackers/Content?oid=3669408