[sudo-discuss] Workshop idea: Make extra chargers for your portable electronics

Thomas Levine occurrence at thomaslevine.com
Mon Aug 12 23:30:14 PDT 2013

We have a bunch of AC/DC power adapters lying around,
and we could turn these into extra chargers for our
respective laptops and phones. Is anyone interested in
having a session on this? If so, I'll run it.

The session might go like this.

1. I explain the relevant stuff about electricity
    (for at most 10 minutes).
2. We look up the electrical requirements of our devices.
3. We look for matching chargers.
4. If a charger supplies the right electricity but has the
    wrong plugs, we cut off the plugs and exchange them.

We'd need these materials.

* Things you want to make adapters for
* Adapters that you're not using, to add to our pool
    in Sudoroom

I can also bring some assorted plugs.

If you have a Mac laptop, you should acquire a broken
charger; the plugs seem to be proprietary.