[sudo-discuss] Fwd: [FixitClinic] Leapfrog educational tablets

Steve Berl steveberl at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 09:18:07 PDT 2013

Anyone interested?

-steve

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Peter Mui <petermui at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 7:49 AM
Subject: [FixitClinic] Leapfrog educational tablets
To: fixitfan at googlegroups.com

Hi Fixit Fans: Are you interested in this? Contact Jon directly. -Peter

Begin forwarded message:

*From: *J L <juanitobandito at hotmail.com>
*Subject: **Fixit: Leapfrog educational tablets*
*Date: *August 13, 2013 12:41:55 AM PDT
*To: *"petermui at gmail.com" <petermui at gmail.com>

Hi, Peter,

My mom works for the West Contra Costa County School District. The district
is decommissioning hardware and software for the Leapfrog Leap Pad system.
There are 30 non-working tablets. My mom suspects the styluses need
attention. She can show someone how to do this, but she doesn't have the
time to do it herself. These tablets and probably many more would then be
available (with accompanying hard- and software) for donation to an NGO or
other after-school program. The set-up just requires one Windows XP
computer per classroom.

Is this something Fixit Clinic could help with? We don't know who might
need this system, but my mom says it's a good learning methodology. Without
repair and a donation recipient, a few classrooms worth of stuff will
become e-waste.

Thanks for your consideration,

Jon Lowe

-steve