[sudo-discuss] Android beta testers needed for my new open source app

Marc Juul juul at labitat.dk
Mon Aug 19 18:15:38 PDT 2013

On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 8:20 PM, rhodey <rhodey at anhonesteffort.org> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I'm in need of some beta testers for my new Android app, RedZone.
>
> RedZone is a Find My Phone type app with a geofencing twist that I've been
> working on since Open Whisper System's Spring Break of Code event earlier
> this year.

Awesome!

> Upon public release the app will be fully open sourced and made available
> for free on Google Play without adds or any of that other junk.

This seems suspicious. Why are you not releasing the source code
immediately? Release often, release early.

> The application has be written to support all versions of Android 4.2.2
> and higher. I've tested it extensively on the Nexus One, Nexus 4 and Nexus
> 7 but now I need the help of others.
>
> If interested please contact me, I hope to distribute beta APKs starting
> tomorrow or soon after. If you know of anyone outside this list who might
> also be interested please provide them with my email address as well.

I would not want to provide free beta testing for anything before it has
been released as open source. I'm sure your intentions are honorable, but I
think you are doing this backwards :-)

--
Marc Juul