[sudo-discuss] Ethernet cables

Marc Juul juul at labitat.dk
Mon Aug 19 18:18:16 PDT 2013

On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 10:54 AM, Thomas Levine <occurrence at thomaslevine.com
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We seem to have all of the tools for making ethernet cables but
> none of the materials (plugs and cable). Did I maybe miss them?

Yeah. The box of ethernet cables on the right hand side in the room of
stuff has (or at least had a few days ago) several male and female RJ-45
plugs. On the top shelf is a roll of CAT-5 cable. You seem to have already
found the RJ-45 crimper, but for anyone else reading this email: Its home
is on the wall of hand tools in the wood/metal-working corner of sudo room.

> Alternatively, does anyone have a 30-foot ethernet cable I
> could have/buy/barter/&c.? The ones in the ethernet cable bin
> are all too short.

You should make yourself one!