[sudo-discuss] phone at sudoroom

Jake jake at spaz.org
Wed Aug 21 16:29:19 PDT 2013

as you may have noticed, there is a telephone at sudoroom

it's a grey triangle that kinda looks like the klingon flag, and has an
on-off button on its keyboard.  It's a corporate speakerphone.

last night we added a ringing bell to the phone line, so that when people
call it will make a proper noise.

when you hear the bell, press the on-off button on the speakerphone so you
can talk to whoever is calling sudoroom.

the phone number to sudoroom is 510-858-7145

if there is nobody at sudoroom, and someone calls, it doesn't matter that
the ringer is so loud because nobody lives at sudoroom or would sleep
there, so it shouldn't matter if there's a bell ringing in the middle of
the night and nobody answering it.

-jake

PS alternate plans are, replace the speakerphone with a payphone (so it's
more obvious how to answer it) or get Georgio to make a circuit to cause
the speakerphone to automatically pick up when the phone rings..

or we could just label the on-off button better.