[sudo-discuss] FUD around Lockpicking class

Anon195714 anon195714 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 28 09:40:37 PST 2013

Re. Hep:

Rather than just sling a sentence-full of unsupported ad-hominems (clue:
ad-homs = you lose), how'bout unpacking that nonsense and spelling it out?

Assertion: gang violence kills more young black men than police do.
That's an assertion of fact.  If you don't like it, you're welcome to
try to disprove it.  Go get some numbers.

Question: where are the protests over gang violence?  The question
stands.  Show us a mass protest at a known gang house after a
particularly egregious shooting.

A young black guy I knew was killed in a drive-by.  Ever hear of Tupac
Shakur?  I was one of his 2nd Engs. at Starlight Studios in Richmond.
He was ferociously brilliant.  Murdered at age 25.

"Privileged": about 1/3 of SudoRoom members are unemployed and many are
borderline homeless.  Admittedly that's a rough estimate.  But if you
don't like my numbers, get some better ones.

Full-time jobs at decent wages would be a good thing:  What don't you
like about that?  Gandhi once said "Western civilization would be a good
thing."  I say worker solidarity would be a good thing.  But you can't
have worker solidarity until people have work.  A job at decent wages
isn't a privilege, it's a human right.  And hackers picking up more
trade-skills is also a good thing.

Let's take this to private email so we don't digress the list.

-G.

=====