[sudo-discuss] This Saturday TIL: July 6: GIT Version Control for Non Coders (Writers, Lawyers, everyone!)

Raymond Lai raymond.wm.lai at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 22:52:21 PDT 2013

Thanks for the class on Git, everyone. And for all the help. I learned
something new and in good company.

Here's some resources I found on learning Git which all y'all might find
useful or we can use them for future classes.

Scott Chacon’s book on Git
http://git-scm.com/book

A guide to version control with illustrations!
http://betterexplained.com/articles/a-visual-guide-to-version-control/

A Git guide that has a nice breakdown of Git concepts and techniques into
beginning, intermediate and advanced
http://gitready.com/

Git videos
http://ava.co.uk/git

A Git Guide
http://wiki.sourcemage.org/Git_Guide

Another Git guide. One that discusses protocol in working with others and
Git
http://wiki.spheredev.org/Git_for_the_lazy

Github for designers (whatever that means)
http://hoth.entp.com/output/git_for_designers.html

Some technical books that use Github to hold their examples. Also some
books that use Github.
http://www.linux-mag.com/id/7461/

cheers,
Ray