[sudo-discuss] lockers

Hol Gaskill hol at gaskill.com
Fri Jul 12 10:07:00 PDT 2013

$10 or $15 a month?  It seems like we'll have to make room somehow, which I think can be accomplished through a combination of rearranging/organizing our stockpiles, and trying to convince people who want to store their own projects at sudo room to do it in a locker.  I don't think it would be converting communal space into personal space as much as it would be acknowledging that communal space is getting clogged up (increasingly - it's getting hard to move around in there) with projects that are only being maintained by one or two people or not at all.

Also, I would like to bring back up the notion of opening up projects and advertising/communicating the work that needs to be done, like for example if 3 different projects need a similar power supply, we could agree on the specs and open that part of the project to be done separately.  I know when I talk about "projects" I focus on hardware projects, but that's just because they take up the most physical space.  I keep meaning to come up with a format for sharing subsystem info and inviting people with relevant skills to participate in its development but so far it's all been talk on my end.  If we share more projects and have a system for doing it, and for organizing our space around truly active projects, I really think it would incentivize completing (and documenting!) projects and it would attract people to come meet up at sudo room.  From my limited observations at microcontroller hack night, most of the turnout is related to specific projects that people hear about and show up already having some background.  We can move toward a more interactive environment my making sure the things out in the common space are open and active.

Lockers are acquired! There are 5 units with 2 lockers each. Each of