[sudo-discuss] Sudoroom Street camera

William Budington bill at inputoutput.io
Thu Jul 18 16:51:42 PDT 2013

Context: This comes in the wake of George wanting to clear out the iMac
in the entrance, saying it looks unprofessional and is in the way.  I
figured the unused workstation tower (thin) is somewhat more out of the
way, and installed software on it to stream the street.  Thanks to Jenny
for helping me do documentation, which I hate doing.

-------------------------------------

The downstairs thin tower is now streaming video of the street.

You can find out its IP address by listening via the audio out of the
machine. Every 60 seconds it transmits its IP address via text-to-speech!

Right now, that address is 192.168.1.159.

If you go to 192.168.1.159:8080 from within the space on your web
browser, and click Stream, you can now see the street

Additionally, this is accessible via VLC, at the network url:
http://192.168.1.159:8080/?action=stream

*Specifications:*
  *MJPG_Streamer
  *Random headless tower
  *Random webcam found in the space

*Next Steps:*

*Set up recording on one of the local servers in the space
*Most likely software candidate for recording is ZoneMinder, which can
define a remote source for recording.