[sudo-discuss] Meeting Minutes 7/17

Jenny Ryan tunabananas at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 17:20:10 PDT 2013

*Check out the Meeting archives here: **
https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Meeting_Minutes*<https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Meeting_Minutes>

https://pad.riseup.net/p/sudoroommaintenance

July 17 2013

*=Attending= *
*Bill, Jordan, Max, Jenny, Marc, Rock, Timon(photos), Anthony R, Benji
(stars), Antho (pipes), Tyler(no screen saver).

*Question favourite screen saver from history?

*=Introductions=*

   - Brief personal intros (< 20 sec per person)

   - Icebreaker

*=Announcements (Consent Agenda)=*

   - Every Monday 7pm: LOL / Oakland Makerspace Open Hack Night (1234 23rd
   Avenue)

   - Every Thurs. at 7PM: Oakland Wiki meetup! http://www.oaklandwiki.org

   - ALSO: Take the 2014 Mayor Key Issues Survey:
   https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1cGV6N9pmpmJmHiKS8VmQAGlwJQ4mioShXyyxmrD-Kas/viewform

   - Every Thurs. at 8:30pm: Mesh Networking meetup:
   http://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh

   - Next BACH Event: Third Saturdays, next is 7/20, 6pm at Hacker Dojo -
   http://ba.chgrp.org

   - Register here: http://bach-roundtable-4.eventbrite.com/

   - Talk to Jenny about carpooling!

   - RADIO!!!! https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Sudo_Radio

   -  sign-ups
   https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApmrUsz7z5DodDVaZnJ4TW1ndC1jd1ZYejFhUmRoWXc#gid=0

   - Regular check-in between The Public School and Sudo Room - Thursday
   evening Supper Club potlucks starting at 6

   - POSSE [Potluck Orientation Skill-share Swap-meet Event] this Friday -
   first in a monthly series, hosted by the Bay Area Community Exchange
   Timebank  -
   https://sudoroom.org/ai1ec_event/bace-timebank-posse-party/?instance_id=66314

   - Rusty and Andrew are having a Jurassic Park-themed housewarming party
   this Friday, party-o-clock (contact Andrew or Rusty for details)

   - We now have a shared calendar for the common space!
   http://2141broadway.wordpress.com/calendar/

   - Sudo Room Inventory / Cleanup weekend - take the poll to find the best
   date! http://www.doodle.com/e8vwvvs6e24wkwy4

   - Looks like the weekend of the 27th/28th...

*=Notes=*

   - Tax Status and Organizational Structure

   - Bill spoke with Danny (NB) about 501c3 umbrella-ing and Jenny spoke
   with James (SchoolFactory)om

   - Non-profit benefits include matching donations (employees &

   - Getting an LLC is cheap and easy to do, ~700/year for taxes in
   California

   - Liz Henry is doing a lot of research on 501c3 status for the feminist
   hackerspace starting in SF

   - http://jeremychenlaw.com/what-is-a-california-benefit-corporation/

*= ACTION ITEMS =*
*Old Action Items:*

   - Add to the Sudo Room Neighborhood Outreach spreadsheet and take on a
   few to reach out to:
   https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ao_Q7DQvNFT-dEdhZUJaQ3dDY2plMjMxR3BNNmJuRlE#gid=0

   - allow comments in tamale secrets file (jordan)

*New Action Items:*

   - 1. Research tax structures [
   https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Tax_Structure_Research] 2. [...] 3. Profit!

   - Shelf by downstairs door

*Postponed*:

   - Add robots.txt for sudo room (open item for anyone to take on) MATT
   (out of town)

   - [Postponed until necessary] Eddan - Reference letter from George

   - Set up date for label-printing organizing of stuff event - Jenny!1
   -troy

   - git-ify & flow-diagram-ify our articles

   - POSTPONED - Jenny to call bank to find out about online access

   - Add calendar 2141broadway.wordpress.com to Infobot's screensaver [Max]

   - Library - until RPS

   - Catalog - Max

   - Move more books inside Sudoroom

   - push Articles to Github

   - Set up a Google Voice number that transcribes and forwards to an email
   address, which then forwards to a list of us (Tom)

*=Fiscal Solvency=*
''*In  this section we review our current financial situation and budget,
approve monthly budgets, and discuss any other finance-related issues.*''
Exchequer: Marina
Co-Facilitator:

   - +300 to be deposited from the lockbox

   - Marina received an email setup thing from the bank, but it didn't
   work. Bill never got one. Marina will call the bank to GET SOME ANSWERS.

** Pay your dues :)*
* Review and consensus process:
** Fiscal Solvency Spreadsheet -
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlKk2X9KKqlFdFZJUy12x3ZUhDUmx2N3hUZldyejlXdFE#gid=7
** Rent: $1500; Utilities: $220; Services: $50
**Target membership contribution: $88 per member (based on approx. 30
people)

*=Amendments to the Articles of Association=*

*=Conflict Resolution=*

*=Discussion Spillover=*

*=Post-Meeting Groups=*

   - clean up electronic crap downstairs