[sudo-discuss] Trans* Hackathon

Rabbit rabbitface at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 18:16:30 PDT 2013

Can you all think of any ideas for this?

How about some kind of reputation system where trans people could vouch for
other people who are not shitty/dangerous about trans things.  This could
at first be used for doctors, therapists, etc, and might eventually be
useful in daily life (getting craigslist rides, finding apartment mates)

This would be easy to generalize to other contexts where people want to
trust each other.  I guess it would become like LinkedIn's system of
vouching for other people's skills.

I hear that reputation systems are challenging to get right though.  Here
are some resources about designing them

http://hypothes.is/workshop
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yk4ad5i44WbLl3ekmH84RNqFi0CikfEZbGiyKyAk79M/edit