[sudo-discuss] [consensus] Nominations for Board of Directors

Jenny Ryan tunabananas at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 08:44:53 PDT 2013

On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 8:43 PM, Eddan Katz <eddan at clear.net> wrote:

> just wondering how you're thinking about resumes that are available online
> or on a personal blog as different from LinkedIn, etc.. sincerely not sure
> what you mean by this paragraph below.
>
> sent from eddan.com
>
> > On Oct 26, 2013, at 8:12 PM, Jenny Ryan <tunabananas at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I also think it's important we de-emphasize the Board as much as
> possible - and in that vein would like to propose that anyone elected to
> the board not list their "position" on LinkedIn, Facebook etc to avoid the
> public image of having a hierarchical structure. However, it is indeed a
> position of responsibility that reflects commitment to the group and, as
> such, folks elected should be allowed to list it on job applications and
> resumes if so desired. In a similar vein, anyone on the compact should very
> much consider themselves a co-founder!

Hi!

Replying to you, Eddan, as well as the list, in case anyone else was
confused by this proposal. I was just thinking about the public perception
of hierarchy and ways to minimize that. My distinguishing between LinkedIn
and job applications was to distinguish between publicly- and
privately-communicated content - so an online [public] blog, resume, etc
would fall in the same category as LinkedIn for all intents and purposes.

Just a suggestion, happy to discuss!