[sudo-discuss] Yandex: was Re: If Sudoroom ppl serious re getting an FCC radio license, should start wkly mtgs immediately.

GtwoG PublicOhOne g2g-public01 at att.net
Thu Oct 31 02:38:39 PDT 2013

The probability of anyone in Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, or Kazakhstan,
becoming an SR member, asymptotically approaches zero.  The probability
of spams, scams, spyware, malware, etc. coming from those locations, is
high.  The ratio of spam to real correspondence from yandex.com
addresses is presently 1.0 : 0.

That's a lousy risk/benefit ratio.  So IMHO ban the hell out of
yandex.com and any other domain that shows itself to be a significant
source of spam etc.

"Open" as in "accepting" does not equal "open" as in "unprotected."  We
are not under any obligation to have no collective immune system.
Species without immune defenses don't even last long enough to become
footnotes in archaeology.

-G

=====