[sudo-discuss] The Omni is happening - PLEASE REVIEW & DISCUSS!

Yar yardenack at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 16:04:17 PDT 2014

On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 2:50 PM, Phil Wolff <pwolff at gmail.com> wrote:
> Would the Sudo Room be jointly and severally liable for operating expenses?
> For unbudgeted expenses?

My understanding is the Omni Collective will be liable and responsible
for all the typical costs of being tenants and of day to day
operations. In the short term (probably several years), the building
will still belong to its current owners and most liability and risk
for major disasters will be on their shoulders (such as earthquakes,
the roof collapsing, etc). After that, if the collective is successful
in buying the building, I believe those risks will still be for the
Omni Collective and not for Sudoroom. That terrifying glorious day is
still far away.

Of course, we still carry the intangible risk that if the whole thing
falls apart we'd need to find a new space, but that is seeming less
and less likely every day.

Is someone closer to the legal aspect of things reading this? :)