[sudo-discuss] robot encoder data format

Jake jake at spaz.org
Fri Aug 1 18:25:53 PDT 2014

whoa... the encoders are serial?  I guess there's a lot of stuff in there.

the pinout is on page 26 but look on page 31:

http://servo-repair.com/documents/yaskawa/CACR-SR.pdf

apparently the encoders power on, and report their absolute position with
a serial data packet, and then they switch over to quadrature to report
movement pulses.  Maybe this is why the pinout includes "battery" and
there is supposed to be a battery to allow the encoders to "remember"
where they were before?

i guess if we fix the battery, and fix whatever loose wires are causing
servos 1 and 2 to not pass tests, then it will probably work.