[sudo-discuss] robot repair

Jake jake at spaz.org
Sat Aug 2 19:07:32 PDT 2014

omg i think i figured out what's wrong

it's not throwing errors for servos 1 and 2 of the robot, it's referring
to the two motors that are not connected, they were part of the assembly
line.  We actually have the controllers for both, they were in that huge
metal box I put on the curb (after taking them out) but we only have one
of the motors and anyway...

on page 28 of http://servo-repair.com/documents/yaskawa/CACR-SR.pdf
(labeled page 23 in the document) it shows the pins of the connector for
the errors we're getting.

I think if i short the right pins on the connectors, the errors will go
away and it will think the two missing servo controllers are happy, even
though we don't actually want to hook them up to anything.

unfortunately, reconfiguring the ERC controller to know that it doesn't
have two extra motors would require changing the EPROM, and even if we had
a ROM burner handy I wouldn't know what to change.

Does anyone want to play with the robot arm?

-jake