[sudo-discuss] moving sudo stuff off of stage, into sudo room

David Keenan dkeenan44 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 21:39:05 PDT 2014

Hey all,

Jenny - I'm sorry I didn't see this til now cause it took me a couple hours
to clear the stage of stuffs  and make room in sudo room, too. Jeremy
helped too. Thanks Jeremy!

- All bikes from stage moved into Sudo Room.

- All drums materiel from the stage, presumed to be Sudo's, have been
placed in the storage area/shed that is under the staircase that leads from
the ballroom into Sudo Room. 3 or 4 bass drums, toms etc looks like ~ 2
kits.

The stuff that was already under the stairs in sudo, that I was told was
left by John - and no one knew what it was - I removed and put onto a table
- temporarily - in Sudo room, in case people want it.

The reason the under-the-stairs stuff has been left out in Sudo and not
ferried into the say the utility room is that it looks like the remains of
sort of complex wooden loom. There seemed to be a chance that someone at
Sudo might want it, or that Mary might want it, so I just put it there for
now.

- All random video tapes and a vhs deck have been moved to near the front
door in the cafe. This is cause i want john to see that, in case he has
some family video or something on those tapes, or wants the player.

- An extra VHS player & DVD player from the shelf have been kept and put
into the ticket booth room.

- I also pulled/ripped off the ultra moldy, nasty carpet from the platform
currently on the stage and threw it away. I also had to pull out a ton of
mean-looking rusty staples, nails, etc. I then vacuumed the platform. It's
relatively safe-ish but please still be careful. I figure this might be
useful as a general working platform. I'm going to cover it with the spare
clean plywood for a clean work surface, because its also covered in some
sort of resin I don't want to sand.

- As I mentioned in an earlier email, the black curtain in the back of the
stage had to come down - it was ripped a bunch of places and upon
inspection kind of gnarly, there was no way to pull it to the side (it was
ziptied up high), and there was no ladder high enough for me to carefully
take it down.. so it is in the trash. Hopefully that's alright with
everyone.

I also cleaned out the shopvac filter.

All that took a long time and my back sorta hurts so I am going to put the
tools up there tomorrow. I think I am going to make lockable doors for the
big bookshelf on the stage, and put a bunch of tools there, tomorrow. Also
hang some tarps to close off that area.

For the time being, I would ask, please don't put much other stuff on the
stage? So it can be made a work area. Note the stage would still be able to
used for other things when needed - I'm planning on storing the tools to
the side (on the right, if you're facing the stage) - all I'm saying is,
maybe just dont leave your stuff on the stage - lets all try to leave the
stage clear when we can for the next few weeks?

Best,
David