[sudo-discuss] Proposals for voting

Jeremy Entwistle jwentwistle at cryptolab.net
Sun Aug 10 15:16:00 PDT 2014

Hello everybody!

Before the meeting, I wanted to see if there were any revisions or
blocks to my proposals. They're all regarding our governance structure
and decisions making processes (as members of the omni).

*Proposals*

1. All decisions about the building are made through consensus, except
when specified.

2. When a decision needs to be made to secure the building, then a
majority vote may be used to make the decision. The majority must be
three-fourths of all voting members. These decisions include:
  a. Paying rent, utilities, and other liabilities of the collective
  b. Submitting legal documentation
  c. Suspensions and bans

3. Each collective may choose to use a delegate or distributed delegates
to count as a single vote at the main meetings. Distributed delegates
allows all members of collectives to make amendments or block proposals
at main meeting.

4. Consensus formed through absence of clarifying questions and blocks.
This removes the necessity to identify a delegate. The member(s) of the
collective needs to be present to represent the consent of the
collective. Quorum is still needed to make a decision.

5. The meetings are to give priority to updates from working groups and
collectives.

The last proposal should ensure we're having meetings where people are
updated with what we've done and what we need to do instead of having
long discussions about things that might be otherwise more appropriate
for a working group or collective.

Take care,
Jeremy