[sudo-discuss] Electrical detail draft

yar yardenack at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 09:30:09 PDT 2014

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 6:05 PM, Whitney Lawrence <whitneyel3 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not making it to the meeting this evening. I have a draft together minus
> the quantity sheets, however, current q estimates are included in the shared
> spreadsheet under the Qty. tab. You will notice that the estimate is $1k.
> Please take a look at the pdf's and mark them up however you like and send
> me red-lines I will then make v1.1 of the package with hopes of getting the
> q sheet(s) done by Friday.

Whitney, sorry I just saw this now, so I don't think it got on our
meeting agenda.

You think we should be allocating $1k to electrification rather than
the $500 we agreed on last week - do I understand that right?

>  Additionally, I request that my August and
> September dues be in the form of electrical design and installation.

We definitely encourage people to consider their labor as dues if they
are otherwise unable to pay. :)

> Lastly,
> because I am not a licensed electrician, these drafts need to be reviewed by
> a professional prior to construction. It would suck if we had to re-run or
> otherwise modify our work once the inspector comes. So if anyone has an
> electrician friend that can weigh in that would be helpful. Also has anyone
> put any effort into weather or not we need a permit prior to beginning this
> improvement?

Once the draft is ready, I think we have two electricians in our circle so far:
* the person Jake suggested, not C10
* Dave Pedroli (gone til september)

Maybe we can ask one of them how permitting works?