[sudo-discuss] [omnilogistics] [Critical] Cannot pass new member Rise Above printing

David Keenan dkeenan44 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 13:16:15 PDT 2014

Ok so - it's confusing.. i should make a drawing. That's not the Rise Above
proposal -

At worst the Rise Above proposal would require narrowing the part of the
hallway a bit where the fridge and stoves are. Looking at the detail
drawing measurements though, if they are correct, that may not actually be
necessary - Rise Above needs 11' to work in, the narrow part of the room
measures on paper at 13'3". So, that room needs to be measured IRL before
making that drawing.

The only door that would be put in for Rise Above, would be into the
existing doorframe on the west end of the utility room.

Re: the La Commune proposal of closing off the bar-room, the thing is the
proposal unfortunately does not comply with ADA or Fire for the uses and
hours we intend in the building. For the bar-room to be closed off, there
could be no legal public access to the ballroom. The bar-room must be
accessible for the ballroom to be accessible. So that part of the La
Commune proposal is not implementable presently at any rate. Given this I
would not consider that part of their proposal possible. But even if the La
Commune proposal was possible, Rise Above would not be blocking access from
sudo/ccl to the 48th st doors.

Remember the kitchen can't really legally be there. The stuff in the
kitchen is what is choking up that egress more than moving the wall back a
couple feet would (which it is not clear we have to do anyhow.)

Best,
David