[sudo-discuss] [omni-discuss] physical security working group?

Patrik D'haeseleer patrikd at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 16:46:07 PST 2014

*(psst - don't tell yar, but I think you hit Reply All ;-)*

As far as social pressure goes - I want to make it clear that I am not
specifically advocating in favor of video surveillance. I just wanted to
better understand what the landscape of attitudes around this topic at the
Omni looks like, since I remembered this topic coming up at Sudo in the
past as well.

Yar - is your objection specifically with video? Or would you have similar
objections if we had a motion sensor or RFID system that allowed tracking
people throughout the different rooms in the building? In this case,
there'd be no images that could be used for surveillance outside the Omni,
and it would be impossible to tell what people are doing in the different
rooms, but there would still be information on attendance and association
patterns that could theoretically be abused by a 3rd party.

Patrik